Monday, April 09, 2007

DON'T BUILD DISCUSTING PORTFOLIOS

DESIGNING A DIGITAL PORTFOLIO
CHAPTER X
DEVELOPMENT BASICS



Chapter ten talks about putting everything together and starting your website. It emphisises on having something simple, yet not too static and boring. Having a little motion and interation is important and will keep the attention of the viewer.

Having a metaphor to set your portfolio to is a good idea. You have to know what kind of portfolio you are making. Is it a gallery, narrative, diary, experience, or what? You have to find that out first before starting your site.

I think mine is focusing on the narrative. I just wish it was focusing a little more on the "COMPLETED" metaphor.

There were some really great examples in this chapter. I love the one slideshow one on the bottom of page 207. Really great idea, and really great illustration too (same with the color scheme).

---

BUILDING DESIGN PORTFOLIOS
p140-to the END



OMG I LOVE the wood portfolio on page 146. How awesome is that. It opens up to show smaller doors to open that show the portfolio peices. This one is so spiffy because not only is it increadibly original and memorable, but it shows that the person knows how to work with wood.

hahaha...
When I first flipped through this book I saw that picture of the HUGE 15 foot portfolio at the end of a car on page 153. I love how the artist is actually standing on top of it.

Ok, the brain one...(page 157) just creapy. I'll give it kudos for being original... but I think its going to run into the problem of people NOT wanting to reach inside the head to look at your work. Lesson learned: don't make a discusting portfolio kids.

---


My cousin in Rhode Island is making her own cafe called "Kafe Lila". Her dad (my uncle) used to be a coordinator for Habital for Humanities and he's really great at construction (even though he was a math teacher lol). So he, my cousin and a friend are actually building this cafe. It should be done in a couple of months, I can't wait to see it.

---

And the link of the week:

NINJA NEW YORK
A Japanese resturant in NY city themed on ninjas. Don't see any ninja's in the site?

EXACTLY

The flash intro to this is pretty spiffy, and I love the concept of the resturant - just wish it wasn't so expensive >.<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home